Job Title: Manager of Social Media
FLSA status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Public Relations
Reporting To This Position: None
Position Summary: The Manager of Social Media leads, directs and guides the social media strategy and tactics to include engagement and online reputation management for Cornerstone Health Care and associated practices. While leading social media efforts, the manager is also responsible for monitoring, listening, issues management and crisis communications as it relates to social media.
Our Mission: To be your Medical Home.
Our Vision: To be the model for physician-led health care in America.
Our Values: As a physician owned and directed company, we are committed to ensuring that patient care is efficient, effective, equitable, patient centered, safe, and timely.
Essential Performance Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Help lost patients and guests find their way by walking them to their destination when needed (seek help from co-workers as needed to assure coverage).
- Take all measures to protect the privacy of patients, employees, and guests.
- Engage patients, employees, and guests by making eye contact within 10 feet. Welcome patients, employees, and guests with a smile, a warm greeting, and positive body language within 5 feet. When possible, acknowledge patients, employees, and guests by name.
- Introduce self to patients, employees, and guests by stating your name during face to face encounters.
- Explain to the patients, employees, and guests what to expect during each step of the process that you are performing during the encounter with the patients, employees, or guests.
- Ask for patient’s, employee’s, and guests’ permission: Use “May I” before statements.
- Always demonstrate gratitude.
- Thank the patient for choosing Cornerstone Health Care as their Medical Home. Every patient, every time.
- Apologize to patients, employees, and guests for any wait time or inconvenience.
- Be a team player and remove the phrase “It’s not my job” from your vocabulary.
- Cooperate and support co-workers to create patient centered care.
- Listen attentively to both verbal and non-verbal messages (including but not limited to tone and body language) from our patients, employees, and guests in order to fully understand their needs.
- Avoid using acronyms and abbreviations and speak in terms our patients, employees, and guests can easily understand.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and professional workstation and office.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Abide by the policies of Cornerstone, regardless of your personal feelings.
- Wear your name badge at all times.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Actively participate as a team member by supporting decisions, accepting change, managing conflict effectively, and valuing the contributions of others.
- Maintain a positive, willing, and flexible attitude.
- Be receptive to constructive criticism.
- Embrace change and offer suggestions for resolutions to problems.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate timelines to patients and guests throughout the entire encounter. Inform of any delays, at least every 15 minutes (when assigned/as duty calls).
- Practice telephone etiquette, by answering the phone within three rings, with a smile, and stating “Good morning/afternoon/evening, your name, department name (when applicable), and “How may I help you?” If placing caller on hold, check back at least every 60 seconds to update them (when assigned/ as duty calls).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction to the social media with the goal of presenting CHC as a leading social media resource for experts in research, medical and health news.
- Establishes and updates the CHC social media relations processes, including development of editorial standards for the preparation of social media communications and use of best practices when working with traditional and social media.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to gain influence and credibility with local, regional and state social media outlets to promote newsworthy stories across the full range of the CHC programs including clinical transformation, IT health enablement, etc.
- Ability to work confidently and credibly with CHC senior executives, key stakeholders to enhance the reputation of the CHC.
- Oversees and adheres to a budget that meets or exceeds communication goals.
- Utilizes a strategic and creative approach to evolving technologies to support communications strategies.
- Leads disaster preparedness, regional and local crisis management, ensures all communication tools are implemented and target audiences are informed in crisis.
- In collaboration with senior executives, develops and implements a long-term strategic communications and social media plan for the CHC across traditional and social media platforms to enhance brand presence.
- Builds strategic traditional and social media communications plan that highlight and supports the CHC mission, vision and values.
- Stays up to date on emerging social media trends and metrics.
- Understanding of SEO as it relates to social media tools.
- Uses analytics and metrics to measure impact of communications strategies and plans across all social media platforms.
- Communicates effectively and courteously on the telephone and in person with patients and colleagues.
- Actively participates as a team member by supporting decisions, accepting change, managing conflict effectively and valuing the contributions of others.
- Recommend, manage and regularly report on CHC reputation by using identified industry search platforms.
- Integrate social channels to overall public relations and marketing communications efforts, as appropriate:
- Create and maintain an online editorial calendar aligned with overall marketing and public relations efforts.
- Creates, posts and monitors relevant and timely content on select social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Gain the trust and ear of our social communities. Engage with our users by posting messages, responding to questions, and moderating discussions
- within CHC social media guidelines.
- Create, edit and post educational and informational video for internal and external sharing.
- Manage YouTube channel and playlists, coordinating with the marketing team to maximize intranet and website content flow.
- Monitor, assess and make recommendations related to evolving and emerging social channels, both public and those specific to healthcare providers.
- Develop and maintain online media relations, participating in pitching to bloggers and online reporters as part of overall public relations and media relations efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing the social media function.
- Demonstrated success in search engine optimization strategies.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications such as word, excel, power point, practice management system, and electronic medical records.
- Skill in organizational management and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and common safety hazards found in a medical office setting; maintain and establish a safe work environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Established relationships and credibility with local and regional media.
- Keen understanding of social media relations.
- Expertise in social crisis management and reputation management.
- Demonstrated communications leadership within top-tier organization.
- Established record of achievement in the strategic management and integration of highly productive teams in complex organizational environment.
- Motivates others to follow communication standards that enhance brand.
- Demonstrated experience editing and analyzing informational materials prepared by others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and manage seasoned teams.
- Ability to mentor and grow staff professionally and personally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products, media tracking and video editing software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Social Media or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of proven successful experience in social media.
- Demonstrated success and high degree of confidence working with and presenting to senior executives.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem solving: The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal skills: The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication: The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, and conducts meetings.
- Written communication: The individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security: The individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May require sitting for long periods of time. Requires ability to work under stressful situations demanding high concentration and energy level.
To apply, or for more information, contact:
Gayle M. Tuttle
Director, Public Relations